Only MIDI expresión and a digital piano

Pepeleches

Only MIDI expresión and a digital piano

Post by Pepeleches »

Hello, i want to Connect a switch pedal to a Korg kronos through the USB or MIDI input of the Kronos.

Pedal ---> MIDI EXPRESIÓN ---> KORG KRONOS

Only the kronos, the midi expresion and WITHOUT pc or laptop. Would it work to play live???

What I want is to modify the cc# that the pedal sends to the Kronos. In the Kronos I can determine that a specific cc# does something specific, such as the soft or sustain function or changing to the next program, etc.

For example, let's say I want to make it so that when I press the pedal, Kronos changes to the next program. then I program the Midi Expression so that each pedal press sends CC#030 to Kronos. And in the Kronos configuration I will configure that when a CC#030 is received, it advances to the next program.

I suppose that to program the device for the first time, I will have to use the PC and tell it that when the pedal is pressed, send to Kronos, for example, CC#030. But once programmed, I can disconnect it from the PC and use it only with the Kronos??? Or would it need some type of electrical power?

thank you!!!!
Pepeleches

Re: Only MIDI expresión and a digital piano

Post by Pepeleches »

Is there anyone here?? 😂😂
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Only MIDI expresión and a digital piano

Post by Rob »

Yes. And also yes yomtjr questions in your original post. Although I do not have a Kronos and cannot test.