MIDI Expression iO compatibility

slick

MIDI Expression iO compatibility

Post by slick »

Hello. I was looking at this product and thinking that it would be perfect for my setup, if the software could work on my computer. All my music equipment and music work is still done on an old Japanese Windows XP 32-bit computer. I use a Yamaha MU2000EX tone generator for composition.

I tried using the MIDI Expression software before deciding if I was going to purchase, but it seems it doesn't work on 32-bit computers. Is there perhaps an older version of the software that does?

Or if it's impossible, maybe can someone point me in the right direction? I just need to control different CC with pedals. My MIDI controller only has Soft and Damper inputs which is not enough for my PLG100-VL instruments that use many CC for breath and lips control.

Thank you for your time.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: MIDI Expression iO compatibility

Post by Rob »

The hardware will run fine, and the Control Application is still a 32bit application on Windows, but I'm pretty sure the UI no longer supports XP. So if you have simple needs, you can setup the iO on another computer, and then plug it into your XP machine.
slick

Re: MIDI Expression iO compatibility

Post by slick »

Oh! I didn't think of setting it up on a newer computer first. Thank you for your help!

Yes, my needs are fairly simple. I don't need to adjust much, just the CC# for various pedals, so I can control breath, expression, and other things with those pedals permanently. I will not be editing anything after it is set up.