midi expession app not recognizing connection (IOS)

LeesKeys

midi expession app not recognizing connection (IOS)

Post by LeesKeys »

My ipad recognizes the midi expression input (quattro) when I press a connected pedal, but the app does not fully open. It's stuck on "Detection may take up to 15 seconds. Please wait". I wait. Nothing happens. So I can't change the cc values for any of the channels. Are there any compatibility issues with IOS 15.4.1?

Incidentally, the app interface does operate correctly when I use the unit with my Windows computer.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: midi expession app not recognizing connection (IOS)

Post by Rob »

Try disabling the keyboard interface. I've recently posted an update to improve support on iOS 14+. It should go live in a couple of days.

MIDIExpression.pdf - Class Compliance
LeesKeys

Post by LeesKeys »

when you say disable the keyboard interface, do you mean that I should unplug and plug back in my midi keyboard (or in my case, two keyboards). Or did you mean to unplug and plug back in any pedals which are plugged into my quattro?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I mean change the class compliance to MIDI + Control Interface and then click 'Apply Changes'. That disables the keyboard interface. BTW, the update to the Control Application is should now be available on iOS.
image.png
image.png (93.29 KiB) Viewed 495 times
LeesKeys

Post by LeesKeys »

Thanks!
LeesKeys

Post by LeesKeys »

Hey, I've upgraded my iPad app but I'm still getting this "stuck" screen when I open the app.https://photos.app.goo.gl/dohEq1YcbsKJfwTQ6
LeesKeys

Post by LeesKeys »

ok, I closed and reopened the app and I was able to work with the controls. I see that there is a firmware update available, but how do I download and install this in IOS?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PnHLMr ... sp=sharing
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Can't update firmware via iOS. You'll have to use a PC or Mac.
LeesKeys

Post by LeesKeys »

ok, I've updated firmware, replugged into my iPad setup, but the app still hangs on the start up screen. Occasionally it WILL fully start. Sometimes it even just partially opens such as in the linked image where you can see the channel controls in the background. https://drive.google.com/file/d/12PqWbY ... sp=sharing
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I'll spend more more time on it this week.