Information request

kaioyoca

Information request

Post by kaioyoca »

Hi, my name is Michele and I'm Italian, so sorry for my bad English (google translator). Due to difficulties with the language I wanted to ask for some information to be sure what this fantastic controller can do.
I wanted to know if it is possible to send 2 commands with the same pedal. Basically I would like to control the volumes of the various sounds of a drum machine and I would like to set a pedal for the volumes of HH closed and HH open. Or if there is a particular pedal that I should take just in case.
Then I would like to know if the volumes can be set with values other than the minimum or maximum. Being a cc value I would like to be able to set it for example at 100 instead of 127 for example.
Thanks, I hope you understand what I wrote.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Information request

Post by Rob »

Not entirely sure how you need to do this, but you will likely need an expression pedal and a footswitch.

The expression pedal to set the CC value (volume of your sound) and a footswitch or sustain pedal to control the MIDI Transformer. The MIDI Transformer can be used to make the expression pedal switch between controlling the two different hihat sounds.

It might be easier, however, to just use two expression pedals.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

A rotary encoder would work really well for this. The knob can be used to set the volume and you can push the knob and it acts like a switch which could be used to control the transformer.

Here's a pic of one I made for my own purposes, but I don't think anyone sells them.
Attachments
20220416_211020.jpg
20220416_211020.jpg (571.66 KiB) Viewed 330 times
kaioyoca

Post by kaioyoca »

Thank you very much for the very quick reply.
So ... I try to explain myself better. Maybe it's simpler than what I've tried to explain.
In practice I would like to control 2 different volumes with a single pedal. I don't need to operate a hi-hat (as if it were a real hi-hat) with 1 pedal, but simply to control the volumes of 2 sounds at the same time. It would be enough if it were possible to control 2 CC with a single pedal would be the perfect solution.
As already mentioned, the volumes of the two sounds will be at the same level, I don't need to control them individually, the parameters of the 2 CCs will be the same.
Unfortunately I need to control the volumes with my feet to have my hands free, so I would like to avoid various faders or knobs.
Why not with 2 different pedals? Because the two sounds would always be in the same track with the same volume parameters and therefore I would like to eliminate a pedal. That's all.

Example:
I have the closed hi-hat volume set to cc 42 and the open hi-hat volume set to cc 46.
I would like to control these 2 volumes with a single pedal to take them from volume zero to volume 100 for example. (having 127 as maximum volume).

Another solution could be to have a pedal that accepts 2 outputs to connect 2 cables to 2 different controls, but I am not aware of the existence of such a pedal.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

A MIDI Expression will definitely work for you. If you need to control both volumes at the same time and both should be set to the same volume, then this can definitely be done with a single expression pedal. You would use the MIDI Transformer to duplicate the MIDI messages from the expression pedal. The duplicated messages can have a different channel and different CC.
kaioyoca

Post by kaioyoca »

Great, perfect !! You have another buyer! :) Thanks!