Question re: Latching Switch with LEDs

will

Question re: Latching Switch with LEDs

Post by will »

Hello,

I've just received a MIDI Expression Quattro, and it works wonderfully with an Electro-Harmonix Dual Expression pedal. I also have two small TS Latching Switches (previously used with an Orange CR120 amplifier) that I've set up in Midi Expression Control to send out Program Change info on channels 2 and 3, and everything seems to be working fine in the Control app and in the host audio application.

However, the TS latching switches have internally-powered LEDs that are wired in parallel to the lead current. When connected to the MIDI Expression Quattro, the red LEDs are only very dimly lit (they're not really visible in a brightly-lit room). I'm not too concerned with whether the LEDs are functional or not when used with the MIDI Expression device (I'm sending out Program Change info to a Neural DSP amp simulation which provides plenty of visual feedback on its own).

Instead, I just want to make sure that running two of these switches into the Quattro won't damage anything, particularly the Quattro. I imagine that the draw with the two LEDs is pretty negligible, but I don't really know anything and I figured it might be a good idea to ask here if there's any risk to running the Quattro in this configuration. If there is, I'll just get some LED-free switches.

The switches in question are these: "Amp/Device TS Latching Switch w/ an Internally Powered LED" from Saturnworks Pedals.

Thanks for the great product!
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Question re: Latching Switch with LEDs

Post by Rob »

You certainly won't damage anything. It's probably possible for the MIDI Expression to supply more current to the pedal to properly power the LEDs, but it's pretty low on my priority list.