Previous iteration of MIDI Expression iO device and software/manual?

hatricklov

Previous iteration of MIDI Expression iO device and software/manual?

Post by hatricklov »

I purchased a MIDI Expression iO from a seller on Ebay, however it appears to be an older model. I don't have a transaction ID, therefore I can't connect/register with support. It looks like a MIDI Expression iO, but it doesn't have the 9V DC connection or LEDs.
  • So which model do I have or what is it called?
  • Is it possible to work without a USB connection for power and use the MIDI Out on the MIDI Expression as a MIDI Thru? I want to connect a Nektar LX88+ MIDI Out > MIDI Expression MIDI In (with Boss FS-5U connected) and send both those to > MIDI Expression MIDI Out/Thru > Scarlett 6i6 MIDI In.
  • Are there any major differences operation-wise that I should know about that aren't listed in the manual online?
  • Which MIDI Expression Control software version would you recommend I use?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Previous iteration of MIDI Expression iO device and software/manual?

Post by Rob »

hatricklov wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:45 pm
So which model do I have or what is it called?
Is it possible to work without a USB connection for power and use the MIDI Out on the MIDI Expression as a MIDI Thru? I want to connect a Nektar LX88+ MIDI Out > MIDI Expression MIDI In (with Boss FS-5U connected) and send both those to > MIDI Expression MIDI Out/Thru > Scarlett 6i6 MIDI In.
Are there any major differences operation-wise that I should know about that aren't listed in the manual online?
Which MIDI Expression Control software version would you recommend I use?
You have the 3 port version of the MIDI Expression iO (about 3 years old). You can power it for standalone operation by connecting the USB to a phone charger. Your device is fully supported by the latest version of the MIDI Expression software.
hatricklov

Re: Previous iteration of MIDI Expression iO device and software/manual?

Post by hatricklov »

Thanks, Rob!