Foot Piano

Rob
Site Admin

Re: Foot Piano

Post by Rob »

You see how it says "Downgrade". Can you please downgrade the firmware. You are seeing that because one of builds I had made for you a while back was build 2.8.6.10 but I had accidently entered 2.8.6.19.

After you 'downgrade', then you'll be able to change class compliance of your device. Sorry, my bad.
joshebosh

Post by joshebosh »

i've downgrades the ME's and set class to MIDI+Control... well see how things go...
joshebosh

Post by joshebosh »

There's something that has to do with sleeping behavior of sorts... Like the devices never wake up or something... Whenever I walk away and come back, some of the devices stop responding... So long as I unplug/replug them all to refresh them and keep playing them, they seem to stay awake... but if computer screen saver turns on, or system idles, they loose connectivity somehow...

and also the reverse notes still happens every so often...

So I'm still unsure what it'll take the stabilize these ME's toward better reliability, but these behaviors are still an annoyance...
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

This almost certainly has to do with power settings on your laptop. You'll need go into the device manager and disable power saving features for your USB controllers.
joshebosh

Post by joshebosh »

I disabled the USB sleep in power settings, disable other sleeps, like hard drive, screen saver, while laptop is plugged into power cord...
But still, came back later, computer still sitting there responsive, nothing went to sleep, yet three of the ME's stopped responding...
I can see the Control window shows the pedal being pressed, but it's just not sending out midi notes...
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

You need to do this in the Device Manager for the USB Controller that your MIDI Expressions are plugged into. If you can't be sure which USB controller it's plugged into, just do it for all of them. Here's a screenshot.
You see that my power saving is enabled (checked), but you'll want to uncheck yours.
deviceMnager.png
deviceMnager.png (588.15 KiB) Viewed 523 times
Another solution is to use a host that support hotplugging of USB MIDI devices like Ableton Live or Cantabile.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Here's a link to a PDF put together by the developer of Cantabile about optimizing windows for Audio. You might want to look through the cable of contents, especially chapter 4.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/der23us3icbbk ... e.pdf?dl=1
joshebosh

Post by joshebosh »

ok, that usb settting wasnt covered in the video i watch, i will try that and the that glitch free pdf next... thank you...
joshebosh

Post by joshebosh »

Hey Rob,

So at this point I'm still leaning toward ME driver improvements are needed...
I've tweaked windows settings, but problems still happen.
And then I moved the ME's over to a Macbook Pro, and still things happened like an ME stop sending notes, and ME would reverse it's note value...
I'm thinking perhaps the USB programming is what needs improved? I'm not sure...
I'm happy to have my pedal, and they're fun to play with, but sometimes mid play a couple random pedals stop working...
So I'm still facing some disappointment with these things...
not sure what more to do here...
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It's most certainly not a driver issue. MIDI Expression devices are class compliant so they use drivers baked into the operating system. The issue is somewhere else.

Did you ever try changing hubs? I assume you used the same hub in Windows and MacOS?

The issue where the note gets reversed could happen under the following situations:
1. The device reboots while the pedal is being pressed down.
2. The pedal is plugged in while being pressed.
3. The pedal type is changed while the the pedal is being pressed.