How to set up Triger in Ableton?

tekut murchi

How to set up Triger in Ableton?

Post by tekut murchi »

How to set up Triger in Ableton with BFD2?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: How to set up Triger in Ableton?

Post by Rob »

Make use you're using the VST version if you're on OSX. Setup is pretty simple.

1. Place DSPT on an audio track.
2. Add a MIDI Track.
3. Set the input for the MIDI Track to DSPT

Assuming the first instance has 'Master Output' checked, you do not need to add more MIDI tracks when adding more instances of DSPT.

Hope that helps,
Rob
tekut murchi

Post by tekut murchi »

Hello!
Thank you for that explanation. I understand how to send a signal from one audio input to midi chanel with BFD2 on it and already made it, but can't connect the whole drum set.

Can you explain me more detailed how to connect all my electronic drum set to BFD 2 in Abletone Live.

I have audio card with 8 audio inputs. 8 drum pads (kick, snare, hihat, etc. ), Abletone Live and BFD 2.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

tekut murchi wrote:Thank you for that explanation. I understand how to send a signal from one audio input to midi chanel with BFD2 on it and already made it, but can't connect the whole drum set.
Great. So now that you have one working, the rest is simple. Make sure that 'Master Output' is checked on that first instance. For the rest of the kit, just add audio channels for each kit piece and and put DSPT on each one. You won't need to do any more MIDI routing as the MIDI from all instances of DSPT will be output by the first instance.

Regards,
Rob