DSP Trigger not sending MIDI out in REAPER?

misledbayonets

DSP Trigger not sending MIDI out in REAPER?

Post by misledbayonets »

Hi,
This is a great piece of software, I'm very impressed! Unfortunately I am blocked at the moment in setting up DSP Trigger to control my software sampler (Addictive Drums).

I am using REAPER and pretty much followed the instructions in the Youtube video on setting up DSP Trigger (except I purchased the pro version). However am currently stuck trying to get past the point where I add the drum sampler.

In this case, DSP Trigger is sensing my drum pad (Hart Dynamics electronics snare) but it appears to not be sending any MIDI out at all. I confirmed this by adding the basic DrumTrigger plugin that comes with REAPER and the MIDI Logger (displays incoming MIDI data) and basically REAPERs drum trigger was able to send MIDI to Addictive Drums just fine but quite clearly DSP Trigger was not sending out any MIDI :(

Any ideas, did I miss something basic?
misledbayonets

Re: DSP Trigger not sending MIDI out in REAPER?

Post by misledbayonets »

Just tested same set up but in Ableton Live and it's working just fine! Have I encountered a bug or something in REAPER?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: DSP Trigger not sending MIDI out in REAPER?

Post by Rob »

Firstly, sorry it's taken me so long to reply. Normally I get email notices when posts are made, but clearly something is aloof.

With the little information you've given it's hard for me to diagnose the issue. It could be a bug but I doubt it as DSPT is tested in Reaper quite regularly.

How many instances of DSPT are you using in your Reaper project? How are you sending the MIDI? What MIDI channel(s) is Addictive Drums setup to respond to?

I realize those videos are way out of date. I'm meaning to make some new ones.

Regards,
Rob.