Problem with dual zone pad

Stormlord1736

Re: Problem with dual zone pad

Post by Stormlord1736 »

Ok I'll do it on Friday when I get home.
But can you tell me a series of steps to follow? So I follow them carefully and In addition to audio file, I send you a text file in which it is written for example:
from 00:00 to 00:20 I hit mesh head the strongest possible,
from 00:21 to 00:40 I hit the rim, etc..

Thank you very much, see you soon.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

No need to worry too much about it. It should be pretty obvious to me just looking at the waveforms.

Give me three hard hits on the head, three hard hits on the rim for calibration purposes. After that you can do a dozen or so hits from soft to hard on the head and same for the rim.. Maybe throw a roll in there for good measure. Again what you're playing should be pretty obvious to me just by looking at the waveform.

Regards,
Rob.
Stormlord1736

Post by Stormlord1736 »

Ok, I recorded the file

http://www.mediafire.com/?6igdv25lgt3k41e

Every time I repeated the same shots with the same force in that order:
Mesh center
Mesh edge
Rim

Towards the end, there are a number of beats to set the positional sensing, in the end some random shots.

thanks in advance.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I just took a very quick look and calibrated using 'Generic Pad' input type. Seemed to work perfectly. I'll take a better look at it tomorrow when I've got more time.

Regards,
Rob.
Stormlord1736

Post by Stormlord1736 »

Using the same file and setting generic pad, it does not work properly for me, you use any particular procedure to calibrate the pad?

I look forward to a more accurate feedback, thanks in advance.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Steps
1: Select Generic Pad input type
2: Turn on stereo mode
3: Turn on calibrate LED
4: Hit the head of the pad hard about 5 times
5: Hit the rim of the pad hard 5 times
6: Turn off the calibrate LED

That's all there is to it. If you still are not having any luck you can send me your Cubase project and I can have a look. Perhaps there's a setup issue or perhaps you've stumbled on a bug. Either way I'm interested in getting to the bottom of it.

Regards,
Rob
Stormlord1736

Post by Stormlord1736 »

Ok, I finally figured out the problem.
But I think it's something a little buggy, in fact when i'm in calibration mode, if I hit 5 times the mesh DSP Trigger Mark me 5 shots on the mesh, instead if I hit 5 times the rim it is wrong and it Mark to me a few shots on the mesh and a few shots on the rim.
BUT, if after these 10 shots, I take off the calibration mode, everything works fine.
Watching calibration mode then, I thought that the program was not working properly.

However, this problem is finally solved, but also wanted to ask you, how can I do to improve the recognition of fase and weak shots, I have some problems when I roll strokes near the edge of the snare, DSP trigger does not recognize all the shots.

Thanks in advance.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the report. It's very possible there's bug there and I have a hunch as to what it could be. I'll look into it.

As for getting faster triggering on the edge during rolls you'll want to adjust that decay curve and threshold so that it's hugging your transients as closely as possible. I've been slowly working on a new and improved engine that'll allow for better triggering in such situations but it's still a ways off.

Rob
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

So I looked into that calibrating issue. It wasn't really a bug as opposed to a design limitation. Anyway, I've come up with a solution and it'll be included in the next update. Thank-you again for pointing out the issue to me.

Regards,
Rob