Setting up DSP Trigger in Logic Pro 9

timotheee

Setting up DSP Trigger in Logic Pro 9

Post by timotheee »

Hello,

First off, thanks for the great plugin.

I just purchased DSP Trigger v1.5 as an Audio Unit, intended to be used in Logic Pro 9 with a full e-kit sending signals to my DAW through an Alesis Trigger I/O.

I'm having difficulty routing MIDI properly from DSP Trigger to my drum sampler (SSD4). Because the drum sampler is a software instrument, it comes first in the signal path before DSP trigger, when the inverse is needed. (When using them both on the same channel.)

I tried re-routing MIDI in Logic's environment - I had two software instrument channels created - one with DSP trigger as an insert, and the second with my drum sampler as a software instrument - cabled the channel with DSP trigger to the channel with the sampler, but this still did not work.

I know there are tutorials how to set up DSP trigger with other DAWs such as cubase, etc., it'd be great to know how to get this sucker working in logic as well.

Thanks in advance!
timotheee

Re: Setting up DSP Trigger in Logic Pro 9

Post by timotheee »

I should add that I'm looking to use DSP Trigger to add positional sensing to my snare and toms, a set of Roland mesh pads, all hooked up to the Alesis trigger I/O and coming in via midi over one usb cable.

I'm wondering if what I'm trying to do isn't possible with DSP Trigger considering it too converts audio to midi just as the alesis trigger I/O is already doing - can the DSP trigger modify incoming midi from the trigger I/O before it hits the drum sampler instrument or must it see the raw audio from the pads themselves? If it can, what is the proper routing in Logic to achieve this?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Setting up DSP Trigger in Logic Pro 9

Post by Rob »

timotheee wrote:I'm wondering if what I'm trying to do isn't possible with DSP Trigger considering it too converts audio to midi just as the alesis trigger I/O is already doing - can the DSP trigger modify incoming midi from the trigger I/O before it hits the drum sampler instrument or must it see the raw audio from the pads themselves?
No, it can not modify existing MIDI, it needs to work with the audio.

Regards,
Rob