online registration

ed10

online registration

Post by ed10 »

Hello
I'm thinking of buying your product. Now, I have 2 Computers, 1 dedicated only to music, no internet connection(never will be either). Is this a situation your registration method can handle?
Or does it disqualify me as a customer. Other companies let me handle this with a USB stick and the other internet connected computer.

best regards
Rob
Site Admin

Re: online registration

Post by Rob »

There is a method of offline registration, but it might not be as convenient as you'd like. On your music computer (the one without internet, install as normal. When you enter your serial number, the web browser will open with a URL pointing to my server. Of course you won't be able to connect to the server, but just copy the URL and use it on any computer with internet access. The resulting Activation Code will only work on the machine that created the URL (your music machine)

Regards,
Rob
ed10

Post by ed10 »

That's quite good enough for me. Don't need it on any other computer, than the musicComp.
I'll try this. If there's trouble I'll head for the support page, something tells me it can be sorted out.
thanks
ed10

Post by ed10 »

Done. One of the smother methods I've encountered. Not a hint of a hitch. Thanks.
Now I will enjoy DSP Trigger.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Great, and thanks for the support.

Rob
T

Post by T »

ed10 wrote:Done. One of the smother methods I've encountered. Not a hint of a hitch. Thanks.
Now I will enjoy DSP Trigger.
Well, I just bought it, and I agree with this method: I have a proper daw, with no network cards or such. Very good that it's no problem!

One tip for Audiofront: please state this at the purchase page. I almost didn't buy DSP Trigger because of the phrase "Internet connection required". Clearer would be: "Internet access required (can optionally be a different machine than your audio workstation).

I did have some problems getting the licence code validated though. Just after purchasing (1 hour ago), the website kept saying "Serial number in not valid" (yes, with typo). After a lot of cursing and trying to get it to work, I requested my serial number again, online. After that, it finally accepted the same serial number.

Just posting this in case it helps someone who has the same problem.

About DSP Trigger itself: great product, thanks!

Cheers, T
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks for pointing out the typo....I'm typo King!