Setting up DSP Trigger in Cubase

Rob
Site Admin

Setting up DSP Trigger in Cubase

Post by Rob »

Connect your Pad
Plug your drum pad to a line input on your audio interface. For more information on how to connect your pad to your audio interface, have a look in the manual.

Add a Drum Sampler
Add a VSTi drum sampler such BFD or Drum Superior to your project. Do not add it as an instrument track, instead add it to the VSTi Panel (press F11).

Add DSP Trigger to an Audio Track
Add an audio track to your project. Set the input to your drum pad and then place DSP Trigger as an insert on the track. Make sure you activate the monitor button.

Route the MIDI From DSP Trigger
Add a MIDI track to the project. Set the input of the MIDI track to DSP Trigger and the output to your drum sampler. Activate the montor button.
leandroviernes

Re: Setting up DSP Trigger in Cubase

Post by leandroviernes »

Please help me... How to instaled DSP trigger on mac?
I'm have a MAC OSX 10.5.8
Cubase AL4
Ableton Live 8.2.6

I put the dsptrigger.vst on the vst folder but DSP trigger doesn't appear vst brower in ableton and
doesn't appear vst brower in Cubase.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

If it's in the right folder then I suspect it's a compiler setting. I suspect I'm building for osx 10.6 and up. I'll take a look and get back to you.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

If it's in the right folder then I suspect it's a compiler setting. I suspect I'm building for osx 10.6 and up. I'll take a look and get back to you.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Indeed I have been compiling for osx 10.6. I just changed the setting to 10.5 and it surprisingly compiled without problems. I'll attach a copy here for you to test.
Attachments
dspTriggerVST.zip
DSP Trigger compiled for OSX 10.5
(2.35 MiB) Downloaded 780 times
skipper

Post by skipper »

I'm not sure what you mean by this: Do not add it as an instrument track, instead add it to the VSTi Panel (press F10).

I normally add superior drummer as an instrument track in Cubase, but I don't see where to add it to VSTi panel

Thanks...saw some videos on other forums and the product looks great. Can't wait to see what it can do to my setup.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Well when you open the VSTi panel, you can add it in there. Just click on an empty slot and select Superior. After you do that, you can just add MIDI tracks and route the output of the MIDI to Superior. BTW, what version on Cubase are you using?
skipper

Post by skipper »

I'm using Cubase 5.1 OK, got the part to add vsti. Went Devices, VST Instruments (actually F11 on this version) then selected my Superior drummer.

Following your cubase instructions, I now added the audio track, but I'm not sure how to: Set the input to your drum pad and then place DSP Trigger as an insert on the track.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

You have your drum pad connected to your audio interface right? Well, the input you connect it to is the input your audio track should be set to.
chadmataz

Post by chadmataz »

I'm using Nuendo 4 which shares much of the same interface as Cubase. I'm unable to get DSP Trigger to appear in my list of VST items. After the initial install failed to list DSP in Nuendo I copied the dll over to the VST folder, then created an addional VST folder path for Nuendo to scan, reinstalled and restarted a few times but no success.

Looks like an awesome product if I can get it to appear on my DAW which is Steinberg Nuendo 4 on Windows Vista 64 bit. I used the 64 bit plugin of course.

Thanks so much for your help!