Setting up DSP in Ableton

Subject

Setting up DSP in Ableton

Post by Subject »

DSP looks to be something I've wanted for ages! I'm trying to set it up in Ableton but am not having much luck.

I've got an audio channel, which when I hit my V-pad it responds fine in the meters, no sound of course.

I've then got a MIDI channel whose input is the audio Channel (which shouldn't normally be allowed, so that's great) and the specific input channel below general input is automatically set to dspTrigger64, again, great.

However, nothing more happens! No input from the audio going into the midi channel. No recognition of a MIDI signal coming in.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance...

Subject
Mortalitech
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Setting up DSP in Ableton

Post by Rob »

Sounds like you're doing things right. Is the midi channel record enabled? Also, is the monitoring turned on for the audio track?
Subject

Post by Subject »

Hi thanks,

I was certain I was, but just checked everything in a new file and its now working great! Maybe I just needed a computer restart, or maybe I was doing something wrong! Anyway, all good, thank you for your reply and I hope it'll continue to impress me and I'll buy DSP full version soon!
Martin

Post by Martin »

Rob wrote:Sounds like you're doing things right. Is the midi channel record enabled? Also, is the monitoring turned on for the audio track?
Can it be used in a midi track/drum rack rather than the method above?