DSP trigger freezing up

washburnbill

DSP trigger freezing up

Post by washburnbill »

I am trying to use 1 trigger and scroll through sounds in a live situation.

I am using:
Windows 10
Ableton 10
FCB1010 foot controller
DSP Trigger
Superior Drummer 2

I have:
Set up an AUDIO track in Ableton and inserted a AUDIO EFFECTS RACK so I can switch between multiple instances of DSP Trigger using only 1 drum pad
Set up each instance as a different drum (kick,snare,hats,crash) in my Ableton Effects Rack
Set up MIDI track in Ableton and inserted Superior Drummer 2
Set input of Superior track to DSP track and selected 1st chain in effects rack (kick)
Set the KICK as MASTER
and assigned FCB1010 foot controller to scroll through the different instances of DSP

Everything works great unless I stop hitting trigger for a few seconds. If I stop... audio stops in all instances except the MASTER
THE MASTER (kick) never has this problem.

I still get visual feedback in DSP when I hit the trigger just no audio.
If I cycle through all the sounds... it plays all the sounds at once when I get back to master, then works fine until I stop triggering for a few seconds. Making it pretty much unusable.

Pretty disappointed that I just paid for DSP Trigger and running into this glitch

Please help
Rob
Site Admin

Re: DSP trigger freezing up

Post by Rob »

The issue here is that when using DSP TRIGGER with multiple audio chains, the first chain that is added must be set as the master instance, otherwise none of the MIDI will be passed to the track's MIDI out.