DSP trigger on Mac

SALC

Re: DSP trigger on Mac

Post by SALC »

There are no audio record functions in Digital Performer in the "Instrument Tracks" you must set up a midi track to record the data.So I'm unclear on how to send a Bass drum audio to BFD.

I set up BFD and a corresponding midi track and hit record nothing happened I assume because there is not way to setup DSO Trigger in the Audio-Midi setup. Or is there?
Thanks for any help.

DP8 working in 64 bit mode.

Thanks
Sal
Angel Studio
Rob
Site Admin

Re: DSP trigger on Mac

Post by Rob »

SALC wrote:There are no audio record functions in Digital Performer in the "Instrument Tracks" you must set up a midi track to record the data.So I'm unclear on how to send a Bass drum audio to BFD.
I'm not sure what you mean by "send a Bass drum audio to BFD" but I assume you mean that you want to use DSPT to process a bass drum pad.

In this case you'll add DSPT to your bass drum track. This creates a virtual MIDI port inside DP and you can now record MIDI from it as you would with any other MIDI device. So basically you will just add a MIDI track and set its output to BFD.

As a side note, if you are using pre recorded material, then do not monitor the input on the bass drum track.

Regards,
Rob