DSP trigger on Mac

Rob
Site Admin

Re: DSP trigger on Mac

Post by Rob »

As Rockdude suggested, you should check out Reaper. I believe it'll rewire for you. I haven't tried this myself, but I'd suspect it's possible.

Abelton Live should be able to do it. I suspect Plogue Bidule could do it, too.
andiw

Post by andiw »

Would this speed up up the development of an AU version? :)

http://code.google.com/p/symbiosis-au-vst/

This is what Addictive Drums use to make their VSTi work as AU. Seems to work well ....
Last edited by andiw on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I did a little more research and it appears that rewire will not be able to help you. Cross your fingers and hope that building an AU version isn't as difficult as I think it's going to be.
elRey

Post by elRey »

to bad that I'm not a developer :(
love & energy
elRey
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Helps a lot. I've managed to get an AU version almost working---still doesn't produce the MIDI but it seems that most of the other functionality is there.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I've got a mostly functional AU version of DSP Trigger working in Live. Does anyone who has Logic want to see if it'll work for them? The AU version creates a Virtual MIDI port and I'm just not sure if logic will see a port that's created why logic is already running.
andiw

Post by andiw »

I have Logic 9 and I'd like to try it tonight (22h UTC+2).
loui

Post by loui »

a AU version will be Fantastic ¡
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I've developed an AU version, but there seem to be timing issues in Logic and GB. Incidently it works perfectly in Ableton.
andiw

Post by andiw »

I was testing the AU version with Logic and it works quite well but I had some trouble calibrating my drums with the plugin.

Now I tried Reaper and have to say it is a very nice program. Everything works flawlessly so far.

dspTrigger stopped working in Studio One 2 (I don't know if it is the plugins 'fault' but S1 2 has a problem with aftertouch anyways ...)

So I'm happy with Reaper and dspTrigger now and everything works fine as you can see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHKh52CuuaE

PS: Just in case someone wants to know: the snare and the toms are going stereo into my soundcard (via Q-Adat) and are triggered by dspTrigger and the sounds come from Superior Roots sticks SDX.