Yamaha PCY135 / 155

dwietzel

Yamaha PCY135 / 155

Post by dwietzel »

In order to get the Head, Edge and Bow sounds, do I need a TRS connection of the cymbal or just a regular TS? The reason I ask is in your documentation it states that stereo connection is only needed for choke. Thanks!
o-ton

Re: Yamaha PCY135 / 155

Post by o-ton »

Hello Audiofront,

i asked myself the same question. If i use a Roland CY15R i have 2 TRS Cables from the cymbal. In Ableton i can only split these to two stereo tracks. How to configure DSP Trigger for this scenario?

Regards,
O-Ton
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

DSP TRIGGER is only able to process piezos. What you'll need to do is to split the BOW/EDGE signal (using a TRS to Dual mono splitter) and only have DSP TRIGGER processing the piezo (TIP). You don't need to use the BOW/BELL at all. DSP TRIGGER analyzes the signal of infers if the hit was on the bow, bell or edge. I don't know how well it's going to work with the CY15R. When I was actively developing DSP TRIGGER (several years ago), I didn't have that pad to work with.
djbclark

Post by djbclark »

I'm trying to get a Yamaha TP70S three-zone pad to work and came across this schematic diagram which was really useful:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1584&p=11256#p11256

Unfortunately I guess with DSP Trigger I won't be able to use the rimshots. But on the other hand this means I won't need to use any USB dongles on my Windows tablet which is nice.