Post by Rob »

Is your pad not well supported?

Follow this link:
http://www.audiofront.net/uploadSample.php
srm99c

Re: Ensure your pad is supported in DSP Trigger

Post by srm99c »

Hi Rob

I have a drum that i'm using that doesn't seem to be behaving quite right , i'm getting secondary triggers after the main hit. On my TD-8 using the same pad i get no such issue so i assume it is down to the re-trigger cancel feature. I've seen comments about that on the forum already but is it something you plan to add?

Anyway my drum is one of these

http://www.jobekydrums.co.uk/index.php? ... cts_id=422

Is it possible for me to get better support for it? The link you posted is broken.

Regards

Steve
srm99c

Post by srm99c »

I should probably add i'm using the paid for version i purchased it just before xmas.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I'm not currently developing DSP TRIGGER as all of my time is consumed with eDRUMin and MIDI Expression. I would like to take some of the functionality from eDRUMin and put it into the DSP TRIGGER, but I just don't have the time yet.
geodan

Post by geodan »

I appreciate this topic, srm99c.

I would love to use an eDRUMin, however, as they're currently out of stock I trialed DSP Trigger hoping to gain positional sensing in the meantime.
Unfortunately, I found Yamaha silicone pads are not supported in DSP Trigger. I use a Yamaha DTX950 kit (xp120 pads). No available pad input provides accurate or consistent performance on the xp120.
Having seen Yamaha pads displayed on eDRUMin review videos, I wondered if this was just a limitation of the free DSP Trigger.

Thankfully this forum exists. Today I learned my yamaha xp120 pad issue is not a free vs paid DSP Trigger discrepancy, but a larger pad availability difference between the eDRUMin and DSP Trigger products.

So, I'll just keep waiting for the next eDRUMin batch.
Yyz999

Post by Yyz999 »

Hello Rob,

I’m building an e-drum and I’m planning to use an Arduino to convert the pad signals into MIDI. The Arduino is MIDI compliant so in Logic it’ll show up as a MIDI interface. Would I be able to use DSP Trigger to control my pads seeing that the interface would be MIDI and not audio? I’m planning to use Easy Drummer 3.

Thanks.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

No.
Yyz999

Post by Yyz999 »

Ok so I really need to use an audio interface, got it.