Requests to the GUI: numeric input from the keyboard and indication of the current value

NakajimaYusuke

Requests to the GUI: numeric input from the keyboard and indication of the current value

Post by NakajimaYusuke »

Hi, I am new user. I purchased DSP Trigger last week and I am tring it now.
This is great. :D Especially I like cross-talk canceling function.
I'm using two piezo trigger in the DIY bass drum pad and hitting them by the twin pedal.
Two piezo triggers are very close. So, crosstalk canceling function is very helpful for me. :)

But, I felt the one complained about GUI. :cry:
Many of DSP Trigger's parameters can not be value input from the keyboard.
The GUI seems to have been designed for mouse operation.

But I think this mouse operation design is not suitable for this product.
This is because, adjustment of the drum pad is often require very very precise adjustment. :geek:
"The mouse operation which can't see a current value" is able to only rough operation. It is unsuitable for precise adjustment.
I think that such adjustment will need keyboard operation while seeing current values.

In particular, I think following parameters should be numeric value inputable like "SCAN TIME".

InL Scaler
InR Scaler
L Thresh
R Thresh
Hit Decay (Especially I hope this first.)
Xtalk Gain

Thank you. Sorry about my bad English
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Requests to the GUI: numeric input from the keyboard and indication of the current value

Post by Rob »

Thanks for your feedback.
NakajimaYusuke wrote:"The mouse operation which can't see a current value" is able to only rough operation. It is unsuitable for precise adjustment.
I hear what you're saying; you are not the first to ask for 'seeing the value', but I would argue that the design of UI in fact is the only way to really 'see' the values....but I understand, and Ill give some thought into how I might implement that.
NakajimaYusuke wrote:In particular, I think following parameters should be numeric value inputable like "SCAN TIME".
While I realize you are looking to be able to input values, all those control (except the Hit Decay and Thresh) can be more precisely set by holding down the SHIFT while you adjust them with the mouse. I'm not sure why that's not also implemented for the Hit Decay and Thresh, but that's something I'll look into.

Regards,
Rob
NakajimaYusuke

Re: Requests to the GUI: numeric input from the keyboard and indication of the current value

Post by NakajimaYusuke »

Thank you. I'm counting on you. :D

I tried the acoustic drum replacement using DSP Trigger.
I needed a precise adjustment in this usage too. :geek: