No Midi in Cubase Pro 8.5

con_queso

Re: No Midi in Cubase Pro 8.5

Post by con_queso »

Hi again,

DSPTrigger says "Version 1.6.1 build 0", so it seems to be the right version.

"Standard Hybrid" is just the name of a preset kit in Groove Agent SE. I tried other presets as well, and other plugins - same (none) result.

My Cubase ver is 8.5.20.0 build 169 (just updated yesterday to make sure I have the latest). It crashes very rarely for me.

The only difference that I can see between your screenshot and mine, apart from the output destination ("TouchOSC") and the preset field/s, is that you have set MIDI channel to "Any"... or maybe I'm missing something?

(Maybe not necessary to mention, but the DSPTrigger I am using is not registered, it's in demo mode)
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Can you try right clicking and left clicking on the drum pad image in the DSP TRIGGER ui. See if those events make it groove agent.
con_queso

Post by con_queso »

Ok, somehow I now got it to work, though I'm not exactly sure how I did it.

This is what I did:

First I did what you said: I right- and left-clicked in the drum pad image, but with no luck - no MIDI data received by Groove Agent SE. This was in the version I had installed: 1.6.1.0

Then I went to CNet and downloaded DSP Trigger, hoping that the version for download there would be an older version. And it was (1.5 something, 64 bit). I closed Cubase, uninstalled 1.6.1.0 and installed 1.5. Voila - it worked!

I then closed Cubase, uninstalled the 1.5 version and then once again installed the 1.6.1.0 version. Still working!

So what could have been the problem? I have no idea, but maybe (just maybe) this could have something to do with the installer (or me making a wrong choice there)? In the 1.6.1 installer you choose between 32 and 64 bit (I am pretty sure I chose 64 bit only the first time I installed 1.6.1, I am sure I did now the last time I installed it). In the 1.5 installer there was no such choice, as the 1.5 I downloaded was 64 bit only.

Anyhow, thanks for great help. If I get it to calibrate properly, which I should, I will buy it sometime during the next few hours :)
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the detailed description of what you did to resolve the problem. I'll do some investigating today to see if I can track down what happened. One question. After you installed 1.5, did you save the Cubase project with that version?
con_queso

Post by con_queso »

I don't remember if I saved or not.

But as I said, it may have nothing to do with version 1.5. It may have been that I installed 1.6.1 (the first time) making some weird choise, like only installing 32bit or something (though that should have worked as well, right?).