Please implement a RetrigCancel feature!

Rob
Site Admin

Re: Please implement a RetrigCancel feature!

Post by Rob »

That's some serious tweaking. In fact, I'm pretty sure some of those things might even hurt your performance. I'll have to do some homework. I've reset your authentications, so you should be good to go.

Regards,
Rob
Cartman1227

Post by Cartman1227 »

Hi Rob,
Concerning my tweaking I forgot:
-Windows Classic Look
- Visual Effects: best performance (every feature (like mouse shadow) is deselected)

I think the tweaking looks more serious than it is. Remember: I do not experience crashes or problems with any other VST-plugin in Cubase and I ve got many effects and virtual instruments working within my projects. And for e-drumming with 48 samples ASIO buffer (or even less) I have to kill all Windows processes and drivers that are getting in my way of realtime audio. The result of my tweaking is DPC Lantency Checker shows max latency values around 50 µs and absolutely no drop-outs occur even at heavy performance such as "Layering" with more than one performance-hungry drum-VSTi and playing with many realtime DSP-fx.

Most of the Windows Task Scheduler settings are meant to not allow my PC to correspond with Microsoft in the background.

I've tested a different machine (a core i7 notebook) with same OS and software:
On this machine I can reproduce the following with DSP Trigger v1.6.0.1 beta:

Opening the GUI of DSP Trigger in the Cubase project -> Cubase crashes when closing the project.
Not opening the GUI of DSP Trigger in the Cubase project -> Cubase closes correctly and does not crash.

Best regards!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Cartman1227

Post by Cartman1227 »

No, nothing changed.
The crash signature says something with
dxgi.dll_unloaded
. Please send me your e-mail adress and I will send you the whole crash signature.

I can confirm this again:
Opening the GUI of DSP Trigger in the Cubase project -> Cubase crashes when closing the project.
Not opening the GUI of DSP Trigger in the Cubase project -> Cubase closes correctly and does not crash.

It is all the same on 3 different computers with Win7 64bit SP1 + Cubase7.
Last edited by Cartman1227 on Tue May 05, 2015 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

support at audiofront dot net
Cartman1227

Post by Cartman1227 »

To all people interested in using DSP-Trigger:
Audiofront successfully fixed the crash issue! :)
So don't hesitate to buy the plugin!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I've posted a new BETA. It fixes some memory management issues and also is a quick and dirty fix for the Retriggering issue Cartman was having.

Regards,
Rob