recording MIDI from DSP TRigger into Nuendo 4

Gstell

recording MIDI from DSP TRigger into Nuendo 4

Post by Gstell »

I am trying to record MIDI from DSP TRigger vst instance directly into Nuendo 4 midi track.
1. I loaded four DSP trigger instances into an insert slot on four mono Audio track.
3. I created a Midi track and set the miditrack input to the first instance of DSP trigger. After the monitor buttons on booth the audio and Midi tracks are on I can clearly see the midi signal (when hitting the midi drum pad) moving the volume indicator on the midi channel.
4. I am also able to trigger DFD3 as well as record midi within BFD using this setup.
5. But if I arm the midi track record button and try to record midi onto the midi track directly the midi recording seems to work (creating a box )then after the recording is halted the box disappears and no midi has been written.
6 I tried to set the midi track to listen to channel 1 and all.
Any suggestions
thank you
Rob
Site Admin

Re: recording MIDI from DSP TRigger into Nuendo 4

Post by Rob »

Your setup seems to be fine. What version of DSP Trigger are you using? Also, check that you have 'MASTER OUTPUT' checked on the first instance of DSP Trigger. I don't have or use Nuendo, but I'll do some searches tonight and see if anything jumps out at me.

Regards,
Rob
Gstell

Post by Gstell »

Hi Rob,
v 1.5.0 BUILD6
I tried booth ways with master OUTPUT CHECKED ON FIRST INSTANCE AND WITHOUT.

REGARDS
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Sorry for the long delay... I've been out of commission. Are you using an instrument track or a MIDI track? It could be that BFD3 is consuming the MIDI before it gets recorded.

BFD should be placed in the 'VST Rack' (F11), and your MIDI track should output to it.

Regards,
Rob