Aftertouch in DSP Trigger

Umberto

Aftertouch in DSP Trigger

Post by Umberto »

Hey Rob, I've been having a great time over here with DSP trigger; it's really taken my live set-up to a new level. For one thing, I've been isolating a couple high notes on my harmonica and using them via some DSP triggers to switch send tracks on/off. This has been awesome, but now what I really want to do is isolate each note on the harmonica via steep BP filters, and using a bunch of triggers, send corresponding MIDI notes for each. The result would be a pretty badass harmonica MIDI controller which I want to use to control a mono softsynth.
The only thing stopping me from being fully able to use DSP trigger in this manner is that as far as I can tell, I can't send aftertouch data with it. I just want it to respond to audio in with a single note-on and from that point respond to the volume of the harmonica signal by sending velocity messages until it stops receiving input and sends a note-off. I looked for something like a "pressure-pad" preset but didn't see one. Is this something it can do? If not might there be a plan to add it? It doesn't seem like a stretch since it already does a shit-ton.

thanks man
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Aftertouch in DSP Trigger

Post by Rob »

Interesting idea. There are some issues with it though. Firstly, I don't think that the velocity of a MIDI note is allowed to change. It's one off type of thing. What I could do, is make a mode that delayed sending the note off until the audio was below some kind of threshold. As for the volume tracking, that could be implemented by sending out a CC that tracks the amplitude. Food for thought.

Regards,
Rob