eDrumin4 + DSP Trigger & Behringer U-PHORIA UMC1820 USB Audio Interface for complete drum set?

djbclark

eDrumin4 + DSP Trigger & Behringer U-PHORIA UMC1820 USB Audio Interface for complete drum set?

Post by djbclark »

Should this be cool for operating at least 8 drum pads/cymbals/etc with DSP Trigger?

Behringer U-PHORIA UMC1820
https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0B2J

I also have an eDrumin4, I'm thinking of leaving the hard pads like the 3-way switch/switch/piezo ones and chokable cymbals to it and using the UMC1820 for the simpler pads DSP Trigger can cover.

I actually don't want to start out with a whole drum set, but it seems like you need a USB Audio Interface to avoid playback latency anyway, even if you have just 1 drum, and this one isn't too much more expensive than a smaller one that could only be used for that and maybe 1 or 2 extra pads with DSPTrigger.

And I think 4 pads + 1 pedal eDrumin 4 + 8 pads on this would = almost a full drumset, just not sure how the 2nd floor pedal would be hooked up yet, perhaps one of the cheaper pedal-specific items AudioFront sells :?:

Thoughts or alternative recommendations?

Thanks,
-Danny
rockdude

Re: eDrumin4 + DSP Trigger & Behringer U-PHORIA UMC1820 USB Audio Interface for complete drum set?

Post by rockdude »

I think it's a valid setup.

My current setup is
eDRUMin4: Hihat (dual zone), pedal, 2 crash cymbals (3-zone) and 1 Ride (3-zone)
DSP Trigger and Behringer Ultragain Pro 8: Snare (3-zone), 3 toms (high and mid tom:2 zone, floor tom:2 zone) and Kick.

I made this combo recently since I moved one of my eDrumin 4 to another kit...and I'm an old user of DSP Trigger since the early releases so I felt nostalgic trying it again. It's a powerful tool. Some of it's graphic displays are actually more appealing to me than eDrumin; especially the positional sensing graphics. :ugeek: :mrgreen:

Hopefully Rob will find the time to do a little work on DSP Trigger again in the future.
Computer specs: Mac Mini, MacBook Pro
DAW: Tracktion Waveform Pro, Garageband
Audio interface: Motu 828mk3 Hybrid, UR22mkII
Drum module: Dual eDRUMin + DSP Trigger
Drum kit: DIY A2E converted kit + 1 Yamaha RHH-135 Hi-Hat and 3 Yamaha PCY-155