it's fully compatible drum-tec diabolo snare 13 with dsp trigger?

silveria

it's fully compatible drum-tec diabolo snare 13 with dsp trigger?

Post by silveria »

HI everyone , i'm new member , i want buy dsp trigger for use on my drum tec diabolo 13 snare hand hammered and roland td 17 module and focusrite scarlett solo 3rd generation through reaper daw vst addictive drum2 with cable adapter for use dsp in stereo mode.
before i buy i would know if someone or rob can tell me more about diabolo snare and dsp trigger compatibility. i want know if work all function like rimshot , sidestick and especially positional sensing . thank
Rob
Site Admin

Re: it's fully compatible drum-tec diabolo snare 13 with dsp trigger?

Post by Rob »

I can tell you that the demo is fully functional, so you can test it out for yourself before you commit.
silveria

Post by silveria »

Rob wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:54 am
I can tell you that the demo is fully functional, so you can test it out for yourself before you commit.
thank for fast reply rob , i tried demo version, and i found al little issues like retrigger on head, and rimshot don't work on my snare, miss hits in fast rolling , when i set dsp in calibrate mode, trigger response and positional sensing work, but when i deselect calibrate they don't work, have you any advice ? what parameters have i change for fix this issues in dsp interface? 20 minute time limits make me crazy :D , especially for calibrate issues
silveria

Post by silveria »

Ok yesterday I re- tried to play around dsp and diabolo snare setting, i tried to calibrate snare in mono mode, and in this mode head and positional sensing work, sidestick work with rimshot sound, rimshot don't work (i presume because i'm in mono mode).
So when i try to recalibrate in stereo mode:
calibrate green light on: assign correct head zone and head sound, rim zone detected but no rim sound
calibrate green light off : i hit head and hear rim sound and i see yellow rim ring play no head ...
any tips ?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Can you please explain how you have your pad connected to your audio interface and how you have setup things up in your VST host.
silveria

Post by silveria »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17IDcgT ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b65iQr ... sp=sharing
I use two mono cable interface side connect to line 1 and line 2 , on the snare side i use an adapter to split two line mono jack in one stereo jack into the diabolo snare.
i insert attachment pic, for connection can you see ?
daw side i use reaper , i insert track with dsp and add addictive drums on same fx track, set" in fx": stereo
and "in " :all midi channel
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

silveria wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:34 am
calibrate green light on: assign correct head zone and head sound, rim zone detected but no rim sound
calibrate green light off : i hit head and hear rim sound and i see yellow rim ring play no head ...
I'm having trouble understanding what you mean here. You're saying that DSP Trigger is working correctly but that you are not hearing the sounds in Addictive drums?
silveria

Post by silveria »

No rob , i mean that when i try to calibrate pad in dsp (green light on) head sound pad work correctly , but rim and sidestick sound don't work.
so When i finish calibrate and switch off calibrate mode(green light off) i hit the snare head and come out rimsound i hit rim and comeout rim sound again .
do you understood now?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Getting there. So when you hit the head of the pad, the meter in rim articulation in DSP TRIGGER lights up?

Are you sure that your splitter is stereo to dual mono? You're sure it's not stereo to dual stereo?
silveria

Post by silveria »

i think you are right, the issue could be splitter adapter, this is the description:
Stereo Jack Adapter t&m A201Adapter of two 6,3 mm Stereo Jack-Female to 6,3 mm Stereo Jack-MaleTo connect two Headphones at one Output.
i will buy new adapter from stereo to mono and will try again .