Anyone have DSP Trigger AU working with Reaper 6.65 on Mac OS X 10.15 Catalina?

djbclark

Anyone have DSP Trigger AU working with Reaper 6.65 on Mac OS X 10.15 Catalina?

Post by djbclark »

So first, I tried using the VST that is usually mentioned in the docs, but when the bottom panel (list of pads) is opened the top bit of the UI is cut off and resizing the window doesn't help, also no scroll bars appear. So I moved to the AU which does not have this problem.

However in the AU there is no "Master" checkbox as referenced in the PDF doc. Also the PDF doc seems to be against a quite old version of Reaper - I think I found everything else, but most were not in the exact places shown in the PDF.

So first, want to make sure an assumption is correct - that when I click the big pad graphic it generates a virtual hit. This is what the "MIDI Monitor" software tells me - specifically on the channel I selected, note 38. However I can find no evidence that Reaper is ever seeing that. The note on event happens before the note off event, but down to the thousandths of a second (limit of MIDI Monitor) the time is exactly the same.

Also, even though I have the recommended aggregated audio device created and selected in Reaper, I don't see how I would connect particular audio interfaces to DSP Trigger - in Reaper and DSP Trigger all of the options I see are very generic, just mono or stereo.

Anyway, detailed help would be appreciated, but it would also be super useful to just know someone has this working.

I'm not attached to Reaper, if people thing something priced around the same or less is better, please let me know.

I'd also love to know of a known-to-work free instrument I can use for testing. I was thinking the free version of Stephen State Drums, but that UI seems horrible / to not work well under Reaper.

(This is with the lastest DSP Trigger, 1.6.2.0)
Update: The AU reports itself being 1.6.1
djbclark

Re: Anyone have DSP Trigger AU working with Reaper 6.65 on Mac OS X 10.15 Catalina?

Post by djbclark »

Got DSP Trigger woking with MainStage with a fraction of the time I've spent on this so far. And it's using the AU plugin so that would seem to be fine. I do want to get it working on a Windows 10 Tablet at some point for mobile use, but it seems like these are really questions for the Reaper community, so I'll move over there when I really need to.