Question about DSP & using DIY triggers.

Jester Snuff-box

Question about DSP & using DIY triggers.

Post by Jester Snuff-box »

New to all this and experimenting. I have seven triggers and I want to run them with DSP Trigger, so I'll try keeping my question(s) simple. If I splice all seven triggers together using instrument cables and splitters and then plug them all into my soundcards mic slot while they are attached together will this be a sufficient way to set-up and use these triggers with DSP? Will I be able to set each trigger up with a different patch doing this, kick, snare, tom ect? If not how would you set up seven triggers to use with this software assuming your soundcard has only one mic input? Also does anyone know if DSP is compatible with Kontackt? Thanks a lot for any help.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Question about DSP & using DIY triggers.

Post by Rob »

Firstly, I wouldn't recommend plugging any triggers into a microphone input. The output from triggers can be quite high so they should only be patched into line ins. Secondly, each trigger would need to be on a separate input. You can't gang them all together on a single input. It just doesn't work that way.

Is regards to your last question, yes. DSPT is compatible with Kontakt.

Regards,
Rob
Jester Snuff-box

Re: Question about DSP & using DIY triggers.

Post by Jester Snuff-box »

Thanks for all that info. As for plugging each trigger into its own line input; is there any particular device or soundcard you know of or can recommend that can be inputed with several triggers and work with DSPT? Cheaper the better obviously. Thanks.