Positional sensing snare....

Rabidreject

Positional sensing snare....

Post by Rabidreject »

Hi guys,
OK so I am waiting for the edrumin 10's to come back in stock...

At the moment, i will be using an alesis trigger IO to send the midi data to my mac and I have mainly jobeky side internal dual zone triggers in an a2e kit oh and alesis cymbals...that's not rele the point.
I was wondering if for the mo, I could unplug just my snare (and actually 1 other pad, as I have two inputs on my audio IF) Into my focusrite scarlet audio interface in order to get positional sensing?
My snare is an a2e conversion but it has a centre mounted trigger instead (just the single bar design) obviously I really need an edrummin 10 but I'm waiting for them to be made and yeh I would like to get positional sensing 8n the meantime. Am I now thinking along the right lines for this software?
If I am and I can do what I'm suggesting, would I also be able to run the rest of the kit as I currently do, through my trigger io obviously without using dsp..
Would be interesting to me if I could sort my snare out cos atm it kind of sucks lol
Rabidreject

Re: Positional sensing snare....

Post by Rabidreject »

Ok so I’m stuck…
I’m using logic and plugged my snare (jobeky centre a2e trigger) into my audio interface (focusrite scarlette) and I’m confused.
I created a new project with an audio instrument track. This is where I was first confused because obviously when you choose audio instrument you can’t then select input one in order for it to route the drum input to it.
So I made an AI track and added ezdrummer 2. I then opened DSP trigger and nothing. When I turned on my DM10 ( connected by usb) it then detected input but changing dials and such didn’t rele do anything as this isn’t how it’s meant to be used i am pretty sure.
If it is a tool that enables you to plug piezos into a normal audio interface, why is it not detecting any input from my snare?
I’m very confused. I have ordered a edrumin 4 but that’s gonna take weeks and I’m simply a curious cat.