Questions before purchace

Rabidreject

Questions before purchace

Post by Rabidreject »

Hi there,
I am thinking the answer is going to be no. HOWEVER…
I have an A2E kit conversion with mainly alesis cymbals. I have a DM10 mod and I read the guys post below asking if this software would be useful for him and it was a no.

I also have an alesis trigger IO and was wondering if I plugged all my pads into that and connected it to the trigger IO and then routed it to logic to use EZdrummer 2, would I be able to use this software and the trigger IO as a cheaper replacement than the edrummin10?

I am basically after a way to utilise what I have, only have better dynamics and essentially be able to have positional sensing on my snare….
The setting capability on the DM10 sucks!

At the moment I am plugging my kit into the DM10 and using Logic Pro X with EZD2 as my plugin.
My problem is that the snare is letting everything down. I am using an acoustic snare with a Jobeky, centre mounted dual zone trigger and iv noticed when playing that there just isn’t the dynamic range I am after and there seems to be quite a bit of ‘machine gunning’. I just wish the module knew where on the snare I was hitting so I could get the side stick sounds etc.

I was looking at the exrummin but I would need the 10 Input one and I’m not really up for buying a new module yet
(Which is essentially what the hardware and, particularly, software is).
This is why I was wondering if I could use DSP trigger with my trigger IO to get the same features and results?

I guess my other option would be to just buy the edrummin 4 input version and just use that for my snare and other cymbals or drums I want to make the most of. Or buy the 4 and get 4 splitter cables and just use single zones.

I really hope I can make use of this software instead though!

Oh also, if I can’t use this software for this in logic, what the hell is it for?!
Also If I can’t use it for what I am needing, Is there something I could be using it for that you can see from what I have told you.
Oh I would be connecting everything to the Mac via usb by the way,

Thanks in advance if anyone answers and thanks for having me into your community!

I absolutely LOVE the idea behind your products! They are so progressive and I fail to see why more companies arnt incorporating this shit, in tiny form factor pc with a touchscreen in a normal module lol
Rabidreject

Re: Questions before purchace

Post by Rabidreject »

Oh and I just saw my post…sorry for rambling!!
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Questions before purchace

Post by Rob »

Jobeky center mounted triggers are simply too hot, and end up clipping the inputs of a lot of drum modules. That's probably why you are getting no dynamics. Your money is best spent putting a real cone on your jobeky trigger, or even just switching to a side mounted trigger if that's an option.

In order to use DSP Trigger, you need to have an audio interface with line level inputs, and sufficient dynamic range. There a demo, so you can give it a try.