DSP in Ableton

beforethewomb90

DSP in Ableton

Post by beforethewomb90 »

Hi there.
Using DSP in Ableton Lite version 10.1.41, and I have been having issues with Ableton crashing on me consistently. It seems to be DSP related. I also tried using Reaper and the same thing happened. It seems to happen when I run two separate audio channels with DSP plug-ins enabled and receiving from two different input sources. When I only run one audio channel with DSP it seems to be fine, but when I add that second one it freaks out and often crashes. I managed to have success in saving a project with two separate DSP ones running and it works, but if I try to edit parameters it will crash. If I leave it alone it works fine :roll:

Any thoughts?

Also I'm running MacOS Catalina 10.15.3.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: DSP in Ableton

Post by Rob »

Thank you for the extra information. I'll have a look.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

So I spent a couple hours testing the mac AU and VST today in Ableton 11, and Reaper. I found issues that need to be fixed, but they likely unrelated to your issue. Are you on an M1 Mac.... your on Catalina, so obviously not. I'll fix those bugs and continue to test over the next couple of days.
beforethewomb90

Post by beforethewomb90 »

Thanks Rob. Yea I’m running a 2012 MacBook Pro :lol: . Upgraded the Hardrive and battery for it, but unfortunately the processor is not upgradeable(at least not easily). I was thinking I could upgrade the OS to Big Sur now that most of the software I run seems to be Big Sur compatible. I might try that and see if it fixes anything. I’ll let you know, thanks!!